Sunday, November 16, 2008

Passion Flower Twins

This is my entry for "Blogger's Community Photo Challenge"
If you wish to see other entries and vote on them , go to the link I have furnished here.




Passion Flower Twins

Several years ago Elisabeth and I were at a nursery and she spotted a potted Passion Flower plant that was blooming at the time, she and I fell in love with it and she purchased it.


We brought it home and I planted it at one corner of our porch on the log cabin we live in and it began to grow and produce the most beautiful vines and some blooms.


At the end of the season I cut it back to just above the lattice that it was fastened to and waited till the next spring and it came back to life with new growth and wondrous blooms.


The Passion Flower vine has produced new growth every year and I transplanted several sprouts at each post on the porch, four post in all and the vines grew in abundance up each post , spreading out like a web as I trained them to grow along the main beams of the porch roof towards each other and they now meet each other as a curtain of the most amazing beauty with a proliferation of blooms of very beautiful flowers.


I am always amazed at what Creator has made for our viewing enjoyment, and this I am thankful for. I give thanks to Creator each day for the blessings of life and beauty.


7 comments:

MariesImages said...

Beautiful flower & entry. I thank God every day for all of life's blessings!
Marie

Elisabeth said...

Very nice...good job, Bob. Love your photographs...:-)

B.

Vicki said...

Bob, what a lovely image and I really enjoyed your story about the flowers. I agree with you, we have so many blessings--thank you for sharing one of yours.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo! I love it!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well Done! A beautiful flower and entry..Thank you for sharing:)

Martha said...

Excellent photo and entry! Passion Flowers are my all time favorite!

Just Me Connie said...

Very Very beautiful
Connie