Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sky Watch Friday


Thank you once again Sky Watch Sponsors for bringing us great skies from all over the world each week for our viewing pleasure.

To view skies or to participate...just click on the pretty Logo above.

Once again it is time for us to post our best of skies that we observed this week and share with all our participants the beauty of the of a sky in our area.

See below my contribution for this week...I will start with a Sunrise and end with the Sunset.

The Sunrise isn't as colorful as some I have posted, but I just love the cloud patterns we got this week, and want to share them with you.

Click on any image to enlarge and get a life sized view.



Sunrise in the East

Sunrise in the NE


Sunrise in the North


Sunrise in the NW

Sunrise in the South with valley fog.


Now I want to show you just a bit of the Sunset we had that same evening, we started with a great setting sun in the West, then I noticed Two Sun Dogs ( count them ) I was totally surprised...for this doesn't happen very often...I grabbed the camera once again and captured them in all their awesome beauty...one was at about 45 degrees to the South West of the setting sun , the other was about 45 degrees to the North West of the setting sun.



Sunset in the West


An Awesome Sun Dog in the South West


The other Sun Dog in the North West









1 comment:

Sylvia K said...

Such gorgeous skies and superb captures! Love the colors, the different moods of the sky! Always look forward to your post for Sky Watch! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia