Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hawk Experiments/Photography

After being closed up in the cabin for 3 days due to snow, when the Sun came out today, I decided it was time to get out and do some photography.

I have been trying to get closer pictures of the Red Tailed Hawk that sits in a Tulip Popular Tree just about 1/4 mile down the road so I decided to try an experiment.

I grabbed a 2x adapter and attached it to my camera and then put on the 70-300VR lens , now you can't use Auto Focus with the 2x adapter that I have, so I set the VR to be ON and clicked it to Manual Focus.

Next I grabbed the Tripod and mounted the camera on it and set the camera to Manual Settings and played with settings till I got what I felt would make for good shots.

It was a very bright sunny day so I had to be careful when shooting not to let the Sun hit directly in the lens while shooting.

Click on any photo to enlarge for a better view.

This shot taken from our front porch

Zooming in to 300 with the 2x adapter



Cropping and editing


Moved down the driveway a bit for a closer look



After putting in Photo Shop, cropping and zooming in.


I hope you enjoyed my experiments and efforts to get better and closer Photographs of my Friend ..The Red Tailed Hawk.