Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Gourd Project

Very Thick Canteen Gourd

View from Top

It has been quite some time now since I did another Gourd Art Project, I have been getting sidetracked by making flutes and other carving projects, so here I am back the the making of another Gourd Art Project.
I have chosen this very nice Canteen gourd for the new project, it is very thick, a full 1/2 inch thick I found after cutting it open to clean out.
I started to draw out some of the designs on the Gourd with pencil, and as you can see by the lines on it , I have chosen the layout of the top which I will cut out after wood burning the main design in the top and then carefully cutting out the top with an Exacto knife to remove as little of the material as possible so the top will fit back snugly when placed back on.
You may click on the photographs to enlarge for a better view.

I Will post more pictures as I go showing the progress of this new Project, pleas stay tuned, same blog, same station...girnning here....lol.






No comments: