Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sky Watch Friday

Thanks to our Sponsors for their efforts to bring us great skies to see each week.

To View these skies or to participate, just click on the Logo above.

My post today is a bit different than last week, in that we had two days of mostly bland skies and rain, at times torrential rain, especially the day I took these photos.

The particular evening( Wednesday ) as the sun was setting I noticed some awesome clouds stacking up in the West and South West, like big stacks of cotton, highlighted by the setting Sun.

I grabbed the camera and put on the 55-200mm lens and went outside to see if I could capture some of Creators awesome creations.

Following are some of the results of that endeavor...click on any image to enlarge and view at your leisure.



Starting Sunset in the West

Awesome Beauty in the South West


A Sun Dog appears in the far South West



Just as I was coming back in the house..I noticed this great " Promise of new things to come."




23 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Super nice captures (as always, Bob. We do get some humdingers don't we? Never know what amazing creations will appear...exciting! Thanks for sharing.

Rose said...

Really awsome skies there, well captured:))

Sylvia K said...

Breathtaking captures as always, Bob! What a glorious way to end the day! Love the sun dog, the incredible cloud formations and, of course, the colors! Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

You did indeed capture some great skies! Glad you grabbed your camera in time!

Rune A Karlsen (Bildebloggen) said...

Beautiful sky-photos!

My name is Riet said...

Beautiful skies and captures. I love them.

Anonymous said...

Superb captures! You always have the best SWF shots!!!

Photo Cache said...

you captured the skyscape magnificently. have a lovely week.

Ewok

DrillerAA09 said...

Excellent work....as always.

Arija said...

I just love sun dogs and your last shot is spectacular!

Hildred said...

Beautiful sequence, and the music is lovely and so appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Magnificent shots of some great clouds!

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

stunning shots
congrats
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/11/the-white-paradise-o-paraiso-branco/

Rajesh said...

Awesome all round views of the sunset.

Anonymous said...

The weather sounds like here on Lolland this week, and it gives opportunity for good sky photos as yours ;-)

Yoshi said...

Thank you for commenting on my Skywatch entry.
This is beautiful series of sky pictures. I especially like the light beam in the last photo.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Wow, you were surrounded by clouds. I still like the way you show all the directins.

Amity said...

wow...you must have great fun clicking your cam with these beautiful scenes of the sky...perfect!

Wanda said...

When God gets out the paint brushes....Watch out, cause you are going to get "breathtaking" picture.

Thanks for capturing these!!

DeniseinVA said...

Those are awesome skies you shared today. Very dramatic and just stunning.

Randi said...

Awesome captures of the dramatic sky! I love your sun dog.

Jenn Jilks said...

Fabulous skies. I love what happens when wind, clouds and water meet.

My Skies !

Al said...

Another great series of sunset shots. The last one is my favorite, I'm glad you turned around and saw it!