Sunday, July 26, 2009

Catching Up

Black Walnut Flute Displayed on Deer Antler/Skull Stand

Close up of Carved Buffalo Block (Bird) carved from Cedar


Aromatic Red Cedar Flute on Deer Antler/Skull Stand


Close Up showing Details of Cedar Flute



Close Up of Horse (Hand Carved Cedar) Block
Click on the photographs to enlarge for better Detail.
It has been a game of "Catchup" since I got out of the Hospital, the garden went wild weed wise and the Zucchini and Yellow Squash grew to enormous size and had to be picked and thrown away making room for new growth to be picked at the smaller size for eating and selling.
I finally got caught up in the garden and was able to again get back to finishing up on two Flutes that I had started. Pictured above are two flutes, one (Top one) is Black Walnut with a 1" bore and a hand carved Aromatic Red Cedar Block (Buffalo-American Bison) and 4 diamond shaped pieces of Turquoise that I cut and inlaid into the Walnut and sanded and polished flush with the Flute's surface for decoration.
The Second Flute Pictured is made from Aromatic Red Cedar with a Horse that is hand Carved for the Block.
I am slowly healing and getting some better every day but still have to take it a bit easy and be patient till I get my strength back and continue on with my creations.....thank you to all who sent me good wishes and thoughts...."I shall Return" to some semblance of normalcy soon.




No comments: